Festival Dates : 8th, 9th & 10thSeptember, 2017
Rules and Regulations, Caleidoscope 2017
- Feature Films (Indian) made or released after 1st January 2015 are eligible
for the festival.
- Submission of films begins on 14th June 2016 and closes on 15th August 2017
- The Festival is competitive
The Festival will at least have the following awards/prizes. Last year we had more awards - the actual number will depend on various factors and will be finalized just before the event.
- Best Film
- Best Director
- Best Short Film
- Best Male Actor
- Best Female Actress
- Official selection and awards are based on the overall merit of the films and are the sole
discretion of the Jury and the programming committee of the Festival.
- Jury's decision are final for the award and cannot be challenged.
- All films screened on official selection are eligible for the audience choice award. This
based solely on the audience voting at the film screenings.
- Producer/Filmmaker can make multiple entries. However, a separate submission and entry fee
each film is required.
- Entries to be done by submitting DVD ( with English subtitle )
or through on line ( Vimeo, Youtube ) with protected password, if the submitter wants, but in that
the submitter is required to mention the URL of the upload in the submission form.
- Along with the entry, the following details are to be furnished :
- Film Title : Original & English
- Running time in minutes
- Name of Producer/Production House
- Name of Director
- Contact number, email id and address of the applicant
- No press kit / publicity material required during the entry
- Once the film is selected in the official selection, the festival committee will send a
confirmation mail to the Producer/Production House/Director and ask them to send 1) The
publicity material and 2) The screening copy. The format of these two will be clearly
in the confirmation mail.
- Official Selection will be intimated to the applicant one month prior to the festival.
- Notification of selected films ( Official selection ) will be announced on festival website
social media platforms. However, the festival authority reserves the right to change show
accept or refuse any film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- All promotional materials submitted to the festival committee becomes the property of
Caleidoscope for its archive and cannot be returned. However, the final screening copy will
returned back to concerned authority, by 60 days, once the festival is over.
- By submitting the film to Caleidoscope, Producer/Director/Submitter takes the whole
responsibility of copyright issues of all creative and technical aspect of the film. The
submitter accepts the responsibility for the accuracy of the information supplied and
Caleidoscope to reproduce and use personal/company's contact information as supplied. The
applicant/submitter confirms that he/she has the requisite authority or has obtained the
requisite authority from the producer/right holder/concerned authorities to enter, screen
publicize the film at Caleidoscope 2016 and make available the final screening copy for the
screening at the venue of the festival. Caleidoscope is not responsible/ answerable to any
copyright/legal issues relating to the films submitted at the festival.
- Any communication from the festival committee will be done by e-mails only.
- By submitting film to the film festival Caleidoscope , it is understood that the
Production House/ Director has read, understood and agreed to the above- mentioned festival
rules and guidelines.